This fixed me up again…..
In this section, i’ll show you how to install the Teredo Tunneling Adapter on Windows 7 – the driver is built into Windows 7.
1. To install it go to device manager OR Hold the Windows Key and Press R. In the run dialog that opens, type hdwwiz.cpl and Click OK.
2. Once in the Device Manager -> Click Network Adapters
3. Then click the Actions tab from the top and select “Add Legacy Hardware”
4. Click Next and Next again and Next again (it will not find anything, so do not worry). You will then be taken to Common Hardware types, select.
5. Scroll down and select Network Adapters then Click Next. You will now be taken to the Add Hardware dialog.
6. Now from the Manufacturer tab select Microsoft then from the Network Adapter tab select Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter and Click Next.
Teredo Tunneling Adapter
7. After you click Next, Click Next again then Click Finish.
8. Now download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware by clicking the link below. Unfortunately, Anti-Virus software’s like Norton, AVG and McAfee will not protect you from Malwares which can cause severe corruption so we need Malwarebytes to do a full scan. I highly recommend getting the premium version which will protect you in real-time from getting infected in future from malwares that can cause corruption.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium
9. After it has been downloaded, install it. Open it and go to the Scan Tab -> Custom Scan -> put check in all boxes in the left pane, and select your drives in the right pane. Make sure you select all the boxes in the left pane including “Scan for Rootkits” and then Click “Scan” and wait for scan to finish, this can take 4 to 6 hours, once scan finishes, select “Quarantine All”
Teredo Tunnel error should now be resolved, however If you see a yellow exclamation mark then follow the steps below:
1. Open registry editor.
2. Navigate through the following: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES\TCPIP6\PARAMETERS.
3. In the right pane, right click Disabled Components and select Edit. Set the DWord value to 0.
4. Restart your computer and the teredo tunneling adapter will now start.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments section below.
If you experience Error Code 10 error, then follow steps on my Error Code 10 Guide
Appuals.com is a free IT Support Site. This site runs on donations, you can get any sort of assistance with your IT issues for free, if an issue is not listed on the site, you can e-mail me on email@example.com for free assistance which can save you hundreds of dollars. However, to ensure that the site stays free and to cover the costs, your donations are appreciated. You can donate any amount you wish to by PayPal below.